In the past few weeks we’ve been setting goals and making our Wellbeing a #1 focus! Our goals have ranged from – drinking more water, exercising more regularly, showing appreciation, learning the +R | -R, accountability, eating well balanced meals, including fiber in our diet, and so forth. I’m amazed at how many Lifers have been achieving these goals and really taking time to improve upon the variety of Health & Wellness norms that they've been so used to! Change is a wonderful and rewarding part of life; make sure that when you take time to change, give yourself a little pat on the back.
This week I’d like to draw your attention to your Metabolism. Are you taking care of it? Each day you should really be making an account of your routine and factoring its effect on your body’s Fat Blaster 2000. Without your metabolism, a healthy one, you’re going to keep running into the series of problems you've been facing all along…..
Here are some tips:
1. Eat Breakfast: Every. Single. Day. If you don't, your body goes into starvation mode (it's paranoid like that), so your metabolism slows to a crawl to conserve energy. And the heartier your first meal is, the better.
2. Drink Tea: Not only does tea relax your body is high in anti-oxidants, and a powerful way to curb appetite, but it's also the closest thing to a metabolism potion. Consuming two to four cups of green tea per day can torch up to an extra 50 calories!
3. Cleansing: An increase in environmental toxicity coupled with unhealthy diets and sedentary lifestyles has resulted in a drastic increase in illness and physical complaints such as headaches, fatigue and general feelings of “un-wellness”. We all suffer from something odd, or that uncomfortable feeling you “just get”.. listen to your body! You can find a variety of Cleanses at the Local Reflex store, and if you're unsure, talk to the in-store consultant, they know what they're talking about!
Ps.We expose our bodies to a tremendous amount of toxins via the food we eat, the water we drink, and the polluted environment that we live in and eventually our bodies reach a point where they can no longer cope without a little help.
4. Grab some Metal: Many of us forget that we lose iron during our period every month. That can throw a wrench into our metabolic machine, because iron helps carry oxygen to our muscles. If your levels run low, muscles don't get enough O2, your energy tanks, and your metabolism sputters. Stock up on iron-fortified cereals, beans, and dark leafy greens like spinach, bok choy, and broccoli.
5. Mix Things Up: You're always looking for a way to shorten your workout, right? Well, step up your intensity and you'll burn the same number of calories or more in less time. At the gym I do about 10 minutes of Cardio to get my body burning, and then I hit the balance ball for 15 minutes of weight intervals. I end my workout with 5x3 minute rotations on the stair climber and another 30 minutes of high-incline speed walking.
6. Get to bed – early: When you sleep less than you should, you throw off the amounts of leptin and ghrelin—hormones that help regulate energy use and appetite—that your body produces. And get this, the old saying is right: “Early to bed, early to rise, makes a lady like you, healthy, wealthy, and wise.” – Clearly you need to work on more sleep!
Now that you have all this information, take what you need, talk to your local Health Food's Guru or Fitness Expert, and get that Fat Blaster 2000 working! Remember, Rome wasn’t conquered in a day, so don’t try to do it all at once. Little steps are key to creating changes in your lifestyle with the greatest amount of improvement - trust me!