Many people say that they simply don't have the time to exercise. While this may be perfectly true in a fast paced world, there are certain things you can do to incorporate exercise into your daily life without allotting much time for it.
When it comes to exercise, it all starts with a good attitude and a little bit of action each day. It's a common misconception to believe that you need to engage in strict dieting or lengthy and vigorous exercise routines in order to stay in shape. It simply isn't true!
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Try some of these tips in order to slip exercise into your daily routine:
1. Take the Stairs. No matter where you are, there are many times when you can opt to take the stairs instead of an elevator. Whether you're attending an important business meeting, or just going to the mall, take the stairs.
2. Go for a Walk. Walking is a great way to get extra exercise and most of the time it doesn't feel like exercise at all. If you were planning to meet with a friend, ask them if they'd like to go for a walk while you talk. Alternatively, you can go for walk when you just need to sort some of your thoughts. Besides, getting some extra blood to the brain will actually help you think clearer.
3. Play with Your Children. If you have children, it's likely that you have at least a part of your day dedicated to their care. Decide that you're going to engage in active games like outdoor sports. You can even do this with pets too. It'll be a fun and relaxing source of exercise!
4. Jog in Place. Jogging in place might seem like a boring activity, but when you combine it with something else that you're doing, it can be quite invigorating. There are bound to be short bursts of time that you can use to relieve tension and get the blood pumping.
5. Ride Your Bike. If you're traveling a short distance, it's a good idea to take your bike, instead of the car or bus. While it may add some time to your overall travel time, it's a great way to stay in shape if you can spare a few extra minutes.
6. Active Dates. Whether you'd like to schedule a date with a partner, friend, or family member, you can definitely choose an activity with exercise. Instead of going to a movie, go dancing. You could even try something like rock climbing or attending the batting cages. Get creative and have a blast!
7. Lift Weights. You can multitask while lifting weights as well. Lift while you're brainstorming, watching TV, or talking on the phone. You may also want to keep the weights at your desk as a reminder to use them.
8. Park Far Away. You don't need the stress of fighting for the closest parking spot. Instead, travel a little further and walk! There's little stress involved with this decision and it'll probably save you some time, too.
9. Try Outdoor Chores. If you don't already participate in outdoor chores, you could be helping your house and yourself by engaging in them. You might even be saving your family some money if you've previously hired the neighbor's kids. Mow your lawn, do some weeding, or take up gardening - it's a simple way to stay fit!
Keep Moving!! It doesn't take long to realize that, with the proper attitude, you can still remain active while you're busy with other things. Sometimes you may end up taking a little extra time to do routine tasks, but your body will thank you for it.
Just take these simple, small actions each day and you'll soon reap the rewards!
Eight Glasses of Water can truly work Wonders for your body. So are you drinking enough? Did you know that Water Suppresses appetite...
I enjoy a great many things and find that at times we don't put enough emphasis on that which is Family. This statement is such a true...
Its Summer time and fruits are in! At some point you’re probably going to take a trip out to the Okanagan and stop by the Heavy laden fruit...
I have been experimenting lately with various Lemonade Recipes and my all time fave is anything with Rooibos. I grew up in South Africa whe...
This is an incredibly powerful post that everyone can learn from. Thank you to Dan from Single Dad Laughing for giving us permission to post...
Blogs We Love
Hostess with the Mostess® Because the bar is such an important aspect of any event, it’s important to integrate the design of your bar into the overall e...
[image: seal attack dad speaks out]The father of a young girl who was dragged in to the water by a sea lion is speaking out in defense of his family.